Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- Portfolio Management
- Resource Management
- Project Management
- Administer Project Portfolio Management (PPM) systems (Innotas and MS-Project Server). This includes configuration, as well as creating reports and dashboards.
- Provide PPM training, coaching, and mentoring to resources that work at the Syracuse site.
- Maintain the existing portfolio balance between active, endorsed, and proposed projects and moves the projects through the PPM process in a timely manner from idea to implementation.
- Establish and maintain relevant portfolio management processes and repository.
- Guides the selection, prioritization, balancing, and termination of portfolio components to ensure the alignment with strategic goals and organizational priorities.
- Continuously reviews, reallocates, reprioritizes, and optimizes the portfolio to ensure alignment with evolving organizational goals.
- Support decision-making by ensuring timely and consistent communication to stakeholders on progress, changes, and impact of portfolio components.
- Conduct gate reviews for the active projects in the portfolio.
- Report portfolio KPI’s and overall health.
- Analyzes resource demand versus availability.
- Works with Senior Leadership Team (SLT) members regarding over- and under-utilization.
- Works with project teams to insure the appropriate resources are assigned to the projects at the correct utilization.
- Coach project managers on using best project management practices.
- Conduct project reviews.
- Prepare project management documentation for gate reviews and status reports.
- Strong portfolio management, project management, and resource management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, including the ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to navigate in a highly matrixed organization effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and strong relationships with others.
- Demonstrated experience administering PPM software (e.g., Innotas, MS Project Server, Planview, Clarity, etc.)
- Possesses a thorough understanding of portfolio management, project management, and resource management.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools.
- Experienced in working with stakeholders to manage their expectations and engaging them to address issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- PMI-PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - Vet/Disability
Job Function: Project Mgmt
Primary Location: NA-US-NY-Syracuse
Organization: GMS - Biologics Syracuse
Click here to apply, and search for Job #: 1601731