PMI Keystone Chapter - Virtual Monthly Event - October 2022: Lehigh: Without a Trace: Missing Requirements Unit
PMI Keystone Chapter
Lehigh Valley Branch
Professional Speaker and Networking Event Series
Date: October 20 2022 6.30 – 8PM ONLINE VIRTUAL SESSION
Without a Trace: Missing Requirements Unit
Topic : Without a Trace: Missing Requirements Unit
When requirements go missing, the probability of achieving the desired outcomes decreases significantly. All too often, requirement gaps bring a business workflow to a halt; sending the process into a spiraling descent and leaving delivery of the desired results and expected value up for grabs.
Uncovering what you don’t know is tricky, if not almost impossible; NOT!
This in-depth presentation focuses on and demonstrates a proven value-based model to uncover, analyze and define complete requirements. Applying a simple construct and nine basic business actions ensure that the focus is on delivering value and achieving the desired outcomes.
This presentation presents a different way of identifying and defining requirements, when and who acts upon them, and how they are fulfilled. Participants will better understand:
- How requirements go missing and the consequences if not uncovered.
- How to structure a value-based model to uncover key requirements.
- Why differentiating requirements from expectations is important.
- Why a value-based model is relevant to fulfillment and innovation.
How the Presentation Helps the PM Community
Beyond the benefits of applying the value-based model to uncover and define requirements, there are additional benefits to the project management community:
- Helps with project design at the task level.
- Acts a diagnostic to uncover and resolve breakdowns.
- Supports impact analysis to help focus change management.
- Identifies stakeholders and dependencies for project completion.
Presenter : Len Marchese
Len enjoys giving back to the profession through a variety of volunteer activities.
Len is currently a PMI Chicagoland Chapter Board member and the Chapter’s Vice President of Community Outreach.
Location : ONLINE VIRTUAL SESSION (ONCE YOU REGISTER, YOU WILL GET EVENT LINK VIA EMAIL FOR SECURITY PURPOSE)
CREDITS : Attendees must enter the 1 PDU for the monthly meetings into the CCRS system. PDUs for monthly meetings do not get updated automatically for attendees.